Friday, October 23, 2015

Child Yoga

My little children always climb all over me as I try to practice yoga.  I have since figured out that I need to incorporate them more, so we both can be apart if it. I have tried to just do the poses I wanted to do and they would end up climbing on my back, interrupting the pose and me getting upset. 

I finally got with it and realized its not all about me....

There are a few main poses I do with my 3.5 year old and almost 2 year old.

Tree Pose-Vrikshasana
  • Strengthens core and ligaments in legs and feet
  • Improves balance and calms the mind
  • Builds self esteem and confidence 
  • Stretches the spine






Cobra Pose-Bhujangasana
  • Decrease stress in the back
  • provides flexibility in shoulders and neck
  • Elevates mood
  • Relives stress
  • Improves circulation and improves digestion
  • Invigorates the heart 








Frog Pose
  • Helps with digestion
  • Tones the legs and tummy
  • Allows the lower back to release
  • Promotes confidence and improves posture





Lotus Pose-Padmasana

  • Calms the brain
  • Restores energy levels
  • Keeps joints and ligaments flexible
  • Stimulates the bladder



Both of my children have responded very well and we all have a great time jumping around like frogs and then chilling out and trying to breathe and focus.

Give it a try! Remember, MAKE IT FUN FOR THEM!!!
-Sometimes it only lasts 2 minutes.

http://www.gobodhiyoga.com/wp-signup.php?new=gobodhiyoga.com

No comments:

Post a Comment